Skiing in The Wonderland of Andorra
As the largest ski region in southern Europe, in Andorra bright white powder meets blue skies. Holidays in Andorra are especially suited to beginner and intermediate skiers, although those with an advanced level of skill will find plenty of off-piste potential to get them excited.
Video source: visitandorra.com
One thing you will immediately fall in love with is the fun and friendly atmosphere both on and off the mountain. Andorra has invested millions to create fantastic ski areas, including one of the biggest in Europe, the Grandvalira. Its 210km of slopes has dedicated kids areas, freestyle parks, off-piste, heli-skiing and much more.
Add an excellent snow record and affordable prices and you have a top pick for Andorra package holidays. The après-ski is however, the jewel in Pas de la Casa’s ski resort crown, with its cheerful after-dark bar and club scene attracting a lively crowd looking to ski and party.
English speaking ski schools
Andorra’s ski schools win awards for English speaking tuition, their slopes host World
Cups and their shopping is tax free!
Ski pass covers all the resorts
The larger of the two regions, known as Grandvalira, links the resorts of Soldeu El Tarter, a lively and friendly village very popular with British skiers for its relaxed ambiance and great après-ski; Pas de la Casa, usually called ‘Pas’, is the highest ski area in Andorra, the nearby ski resorts of Arinsal and Pal offer excellent skiing for the novice and intermediate skier.
Arinsal in particular is the most child-friendly holiday ski resort. The childcare facilities and kids’ ski tuition is top notch, with all ages, from tots to teens, being able to enjoy the snow. The views are staggering, even from the beginner slopes. The restaurants and bars in the village are family friendly, and the lift system offers easy access to other nearby resorts.
Things you should know
- Free lift passes for children aged 6-11yrs in all resorts
- Fantastic value tax-free shopping in the country’s capital, Andorra La Vella with 2000+ shops
- World class, award winning ski schools
- Snow Skills camps in Grandvalira – specialist ski and board tuition for adults & teens
- Huge spa centre in Andorra La Vella, the Caldea Mountain Spa is one of the largest in Europe
- Nordic Adventure packs – try the thrill of dog sledding and snowmobiling
- Large, linked skiing ranges covering 210kms of pistes