14 Reasons why You will Love Andorra
In case you think you are familiar with most of the facts about the Principality of Andorra, here are some that will really make you want to move to Andorra:
- Andorra has no official army – Spain and France are in charge of that. However if there is supposed to be a state of emergency all men aged 18 to 60 are obliged to serve and defend the country.
- All male head of families in Andorra must have a gun in order to defend in case of emergency.
- Even though there is a lot of income from tax-free banking services, tourism is still number one industry in Andorra.
- It will take you only 40 km (24 mi) to get from one part of Andorra to other.
- Andorra is ’the biggest micro nation’ in Europe with total size of 468 km2 (181 mi).
- The national dish of Andorra is ’escudella’, a traditional soup or stew.
- The name of Andorran capital, Andorra la Vella means ’Andorra the Old’ in Catalan.
- In Andorra postal system is free of charge.
- Gran Valira is the biggest river in the country and it runs through the capital Andorra la Vella.
- Healthcare is free for everybody who is employed.
- Only 2% of Andorra can be used for agriculture and most of the food is imported.
- The last time Andorra was in a state of war was when Charlemagne fought the Moors in 8th century.
- Since Andorra is not a member of the EU there is a ’no income tax policy’ and as a result you can find luxury items, outlets, boutiques on every corner.
- Life expectancy in Andorra is 83 years.